Executive Vice President - Venue Services Management
Dubai World Trade Centre
United Arab Emirates
Mahir Julfar is the Executive Vice President of Venue Services Management for Dubai World Trade Centre after having served as the Senior Vice President of VSM for over 3 years.
Since taking over the reins of one of DWTC’s core business lines, Mahir has managed the department’s commercial and operational arms, including the hospitality Division working to increase targeted commercial activities and provide excellent end-to-end services for all DWTC’ s external organisers, exhibitors and visitors. His focus is on promoting DWTC as a world-leading destination for business tourism and as a commercial hub for international conferences, exhibitions and meetings.
Mahir joined DWTC in 2005 and has since held commercial and leadership positions within the organisation, focused on client liaison, exhibitor and supplier relationships, and business development. In addition, he is a member of the
• 2006 appointed to Dubai Sports Council Investment and Projects Committee Board
• 2014 – 2018 was elected to the ICCA (International Congress and Convention Association) Board as the Geographic Representative for the Middle East.
• 2017 appointed by Executive Committee of IESE Alumni Association as president of the ISES Alumni Chapter Board in United Arab Emirates.
• 2018 appointed by the Riyadh Chamber on the board of directors to Riyadh International Convention and Exhibition Centre
• 2018 appointed by the Crown Prince of Dubai on the Board of Hamdan Sports Complex
Prior to joining DWTC, Mahir gained experience at Dubai Convention Bureau and Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing. He holds a degree in Exhibition Management from University of Cologne – Germany and has completed his Executive Program from IESE Business School – Barcelona/ University of Navarra.